Three Day Organic Juice Cleanse
WHAT IS A JUICE CLEANSE?
When done correctly, a juice cleanse is a healthy way to detox and nourish your body. It’s taking a few days from your regular diet to only consume high-quality, natural, organic plant-based ingredients packed with vitamins, minerals and micro-nutrients your body needs. You cut calories, eliminate toxins and give your body a break from the ultra-processed foods most of us consume on a daily basis.
WHY JUICE CLEANSE?
The juices in our 3 day organic juice cleanse are designed with balance in mind and are naturally low in sugar. Our combination of carefully designed raw organic juices will help flush out toxins and rebuild the immune system. Drinking these juices will flood the body with necessary vitamins, minerals and living enzymes. While using very little energy to soak up these essential building blocks, it allows your body to rebuild, renew and heal naturally. It is an easy way to hit the reset button on your body and restore balance.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS?
- Rapid weight loss
- Sharpens mental clarity
- Increases energy levels
- Detoxifies the body’s essential organs
- Reduces inflammation
- Improves digestive function
- Strengthens immune system
- Normalizes body weight
- Improves sleeping patterns
- Reduces aches & pains
- Clears complexion
- Improves circulation
- Lowers blood pressure
- Balances blood-sugar levels
DURING THE CLEANSE
What to do during fasting
Begin each morning with a warm glass of lemon water or some caffeine-free, organic herbal tea.
Drink first juice within 1 to 2 hours of waking.
Feel free to drink as much water as you’d like during the cleanse! Don’t discount the importance of regular H20.
Avoid solid food if possible, even the littlest bit of fibre will make your body start digesting again and cause hunger.
Limit exercise to gentle movement, including stretching and yoga.
Feel extra good
Soak in an epsom salt baths, try dry skin brushing, and lounge in infrared saunas to help the detox process along.
Three days to one week prior to fasting
Prepare your body for cleansing, by reducing your intake of inflammatory foods including caffeine, nicotine, alcohol, sugar, dairy, gluten, & meats. However, do not go cold-turkey or you could experience mild to severe detox symptoms.
If you consume any of the above items in large quantities, ease off of these substances slowly over the course of a week so that you have completely eliminated consumption at least 48 hours prior to beginning the juice fast.
24 to 48 hours prior to the juice fast
To prepare your digestive system to move away from solid fibrous foods to strained juices, we recommend consuming raw fruits and vegetables only for 24 to 48 hours before beginning your 3-day juice fast. During these two days, avoid the consumption of all processed foods.
THE DAYS FOLLOWING THE CLEANSE
The days following the cleanse are equally as important as the days prior. Your body has just transformed at the cellular level, and you need to continue to eat simple and enjoy natural, wholesome, fresh, and organic foods. Follow the same guidelines as the days before your cleanse. As you slowly start integrating food groups back into your diet, notice how different items make you feel. Is gluten or dairy particularly difficult? Or you may find yourself no longer crave fatty foods or sugary items. This cleanse is not set up to limit yourself, but allow for more space to listen to your body. The more we understand about our bodies the better we will be able to fuel them and provide them the nourishment they need.
What about detox symptoms? As your body begins to cleanse itself of toxins, initial detox symptoms may begin to set in around late afternoon or evening time on the first day. This is all to be expected and embraced! Its part of the process. These symptoms are normal and usually, the first two days are the most challenging. You could potentially experience any of the following: Tiredness, Hunger, Moodiness, Anger, Uneasiness, Weakness, Light headedness, Insomnia, Skin breakouts, Body odor, Flu like symptoms, Frequent elimination.
Take note of how you feel throughout your day and listen to your body. If you’re tired, feeling weak or uneasy, give yourself a break. Literally allow yourself to rest!
@ Kes 8000
INCLUDES: 3 litres of organic juice a day
DISCLAIMER: The information shared here and in our juice cleanse programs does not replace the guidance of a qualified medical practitioner. Please consult your healthcare professional before participating in our juice cleanse program, particularly if you have existing medical conditions or concerns. While juice cleansing is a safe and healthy practice for the majority of people, we don’t recommend it for those with critical heart conditions, diabetes, or chronic conditions such as cancer (especially those actively undergoing oncology treatments). Fasting is also unsafe for pregnant or lactating women.
DAILY PICK UP FROM THE STUDIO
REGISTER AT RECEPTION 48 HOURS BEFORE YOU WOULD LIKE TO START
How does it work?
To complete a juice cleanse, a person chooses a period of 3 to 10 days (plus) during which they consume the bulk of their calories from fresh fruit and vegetable juices. The idea of drinking all your meals for upwards of a week might make some people hesitate, but it’s important to note that a juice cleanse is not a fast. The juices consumed during this cleanse are full of nutrients and good, healthy calories, so they’ll keep you sated without feeling full or bloated. When properly executed, juice cleanses have proven to be an amazing way to improve one’s overall health and well-being, as they provide a multitude of benefits such as aiding weight loss, boosting energy and, perhaps most importantly, purging harmful toxins.
Where do the toxins come from?
Pollutants can enter our bodies from the air we breathe and the water we drink, as well as from a lot of products we use every day and consider harmless like soaps, shampoos and detergents. We also tend to ingest a lot of the most harmful toxins from the foods we eat every day. That includes foods that are low-quality and highly processed that are becoming more prevalent in most of our diets and non organic fruit and vegetables. An organic juice cleanse is a safe and effective way to remove such toxins from the body, allowing our organs and glands to operate optimally and ensuring a healthy balance of hormones. Giving the body the natural, organic nutrients it craves allows it to heal itself and perform at its highest level—which will also help fend off even more harmful diseases and viruses.
Who should be cleansing?
We believe that everyone can benefit from a juice cleanse – but juice cleanses can be particularly helpful for people who are experiencing the following symptoms:
- You feel you are always under stress.
- You drink a lot of coffee or alcohol.
- Your eyes are yellowish or red.
- You tested acidic when you took a pH test.
- You feel a cold or flu coming on.
- You feel lethargic.
- You need to get rid of the drug residue after an illness.
- You need to remove toxins that are causing a health problem.
- You want help with weight loss.
- You want to clear up your skin.
- You want to slow aging and improved body flexibility.
- You want great mental clarity.
- You need to improve your circulation.
How often should I juice cleanse?
It depends on your body and needs but it is usually recommended to do a 3 day cleanse every month for optimum health and vitality.
What to expect during a cleanse?
Everybody is different: we all have different body types, different metabolisms, different states of mind. Due to these factors, everyone experiences juice cleanses differently. During the cleanse, whatever happens with your body is the way your body is trying to stabilize itself. As such, you may feel worse before you get better – and the results will show up at the end of the cleanse.
You will be able to get through the cleanse just like thousands of others have before you. During the cleanse, it is not uncommon to feel lethargic, irritable, and have a bit of a headache. All of these are very normal reactions as the toxins begin to move through your body. Remember, once you have completed the cleanse, you will enjoy the most euphoric and blissful feeling!
What if I really need to eat during the cleanse?
When on the cleanse it is better to stick to just the juices but if you are active or just really hungryand have to eat something, that is ok! The best foods to consume are raw veggies and fruits, half an avocado, a baked sweet potato or veggie broth soups.
What can you do to amplifiy a full body cleanse?
- Yoga: Yoga helps in the detoxification process. A hot yoga class can get rid of the toxins through your skin. Stretching during yoga stimulates and cleanse the colon, liver, gall bladder, spleen and pancreas. Also, the breathings that we do during yoga help you detoxify your lungs.
- Dry brushing: Dry brushing helps the lymphatic system dump toxins, dead cells and acids. Brushing your skin using small circular strokes and work from extremities towards your heart. You can get these at a health store or at amazon.
- Steam or infrared sauna: Just 30 to 40 mins in a sauna stimulates therapeutic sweating, which allows the skin to get rid of toxins.
- Acupuncture or acupressure: If you have headaches or muscle pains during a juice cleanse, this will bring you relief.
- Breathing exercises: Proper diaphragmic breathing will not only reduce anxiety, it will also help stimulate your lymphatic system which aids in toxin removal.
- For best results: 1-4-2 ratio breaths is the best. In this, you inhale for 1, hold for 4 and exhale for 2. For example, let’s say you inhale for 5 seconds, hold it for 20 seconds and then exhale for 10 seconds.
- Rebounding: Rebounding helps the lymphatic system detox our body. The lymphatic system is a system where fluid can flow from the spaces around the cells into the blood. The lymphatic system is responsible for carrying away dead cells, toxic waste, and blood proteins away from our tissues.
Things you must do during a cleanse
- Drink water. We need to super-hydrate our body to give the tools it needs to do the cleanse. We suggest drinking half your body weight in ounces a day.
- Rest. To get the most out of the cleanse, REST! When our body has excessive energy, it then has the energy it needs to do the cleansing process.
- Avoid exercise. Other than gentle yoga, you should avoid exercising during the cleanse. Your body needs extra energy to cleanse itself.
- Electrolytes. Taking electrolytes with water is the best. If you have pink salt or Himalayan salt, put a pinch or less in your water and drink plenty of water.
What to do after a juice cleanse?
Remember, as important as the cleanse itself is how you come off it and applying this into your daily lifestyle is equally as important to sustaining vibrant health.
- Breathing. Keeping doing the breaths in 1-4-2 ratios to make sure you are helping your lymph system and get rid of the carbon dioxide.
- Stay hydrated. This is something you want to do for the rest of your life. We need water for many things, and not drinking water means our bodies will be acidic.
- Exercise. Now that you have completed the cleanse, you want to hit the gym. Your metabolism might have slowed down and exercise will improve it.
- Avoid processed food. If you can, stay away from processed food. They are hard to digest and they create an acidic environment in your body. Incorporate fresh fruits and vegetables in your diet.
- Yoga. Yoga should be something you do forever. Not only you would it help you with continuous detoxing, it will help you with you posture, energy level, and mind-and-body connection.
5 reasons to let Bikram Yoga Nairobi support your juice cleanse
1) At BYN, we are dedicated to you and your health. We use 100% organic ingredients in our cleanses. Always. This means our juice is bursting with the highest and most absorbable nutrition. We have partnered with Kabete Organic Gardens to enure the highest quality of fresh produce.
In our opinion, drinking a juice that is not organic is defeating the whole purpose. Non-organic produce has been found to have a much lower nutritional content. It is depleted of many important vitamins and minerals. The worst part: they are laced with GMOs and chemical pesticides. This will do far more harm than good! Detoxing with toxic fruits and vegetables simply does not work. Always choose 100% organic produce.
2) Our juices are not pasteurized. This means all nutrients, vitamins and enzymes are intact. The juice is live, raw and totally fresh. Pasteurizing (also known as HHP ) heats the product and kills all live enzymes. These enzymes aid with digestion and absorption. The Gerson institute, an organization where cancer is cured with raw juice, food and other non-toxic treatments, found that juice that had gone through the HHP process did not have the same healing effect compared with 100% raw organic juice. If it is HHP, it is simply not giving you the huge detoxing and healing benefits.
3) We build our recipes with pure health and healing in mind. We do not overload them with sweet, high GI fruits and sugars. You would be surprised at the sugar content in the so-called healthy drinks that can be found in the supermarkets. If you have diabetic tendencies, any inflammation in your body, or perhaps yeast overgrowth or candida symptoms, you will want to steer clear of high sugar to avoid worsening your condition.
4) We offer a juice cleanse with mainly vegetables and a minimum of carefully chosen fruits, reducing the sugar content substantially.
5) We do our best to source from local farmers and believe in supporting the community. We have partnered with Kabete Organic Gardens to ensure the highest quality, fresh and natural produce.